Monday, May 11, 2009

AMEN

So I finally finished a book that I started on our journey to South Africa, it is entitled "The Sacrifice" by Robert Whitlow. It took me way to long to finish this book, not because it wasn't interesting but rather because I let life take over and never found time to pick the book back up. I traveled down to South Georgia this past weekend for my little brothers college graduation, there I found some time to read on the drive.

This book captured my attention at the end, I was a little confused throughout the beginning but it really hit home near the end. Like many of us, I have been struggling with what is next in my life, where does God want me to go or to do? It is still something that I have been dealing with. Unfortunately I have been letting life and things take over way too much instead of letting God continue to have my full attention. I think part of me believed I was doing enough but deep down I knew I was not. I just started thinking, was the trip to South Africa now forgotten. Were the emotions, the closeness to God, the pure joy of doing God's work a thing of the past; was I just back to my same old routine like nothing ever happened? And what happened to the people I spent time with, not only my awesome team members but also the amazing African people I met? Was our work forgotten?

This is totally Satan working on me, trying to destroy me but God NEVER gives up! At the end of this book I read something that made a huge impact on, reminding me of God's awesome power, love, and adoration for his children. Here are the 2 lines that said it all and reminded me that God never gives up.

"Nothing God inspires is lost. Nothing his servants do in obedience is wasted."

How true is this!?! Too many times I wonder if the things I have done, the prayers I have prayed go in vain. Oh how they do not!!! God has a purpose for each one of us and when our time on earth is done our mark will still be here. They may not remember us by name but our impact or rather God's impact, his work, his love will remain! Amen, Amen, Amen!

Remember.....LET GO AND LET GOD......

No comments:

Post a Comment