Friday, April 3, 2009

Knowing...


So I must tell you, I had my reservations about this one. I wasn't sure what to expect and frankly, I just needed to get away. I had so many things going on in my head and heart that I wanted to sit and be still. I wanted a place where my mind can drift off an experience something other than the anxiety, hesitation, fear and doubt that has plagued me since returning. I've had a stirring in my soul and needed a supernatural release. So, I went to see a movie..a Nicholas Cage movie of all things...I know I know..kinda weird, but I saw the film "Knowing". I had a slight idea what the film was about, but I was very unsure. Low and behold the entire film was based around the religious understanding that the son of a preacher (now a professor of science at MIT) once had before loosing his wife and coming to the conclusion that it all is worth nothing. There are so many little nuggets in this film it's kind scary, but all true revealing. If you have the opportunity I would recommend watching this film (with an open mind of course). Prior to watching the film I would also suggest reading up on the book of Ezekiel. It seems as though the entire movie is based around how we choose to loose faith in God and how He has plans for us that we don't even understand, but choose to rationalize God's work through our own feeble minds. Let us not be discouraged in the works of God or distracted by the plots of man. For there is a God, He has a plan and we all play a very important role. Whether you understand your role or not, or whether you believe..you are a child of God and He has a plan. It's not by coincidence and there are so many signs along the way that we may never understand. So as we live and go about our days...be present to the promptings of the Lord and let His will be our guide. Nothing else matters...

Here is a snipped quoted from the movie:

Ted Myles: "Stay with me. I know how this sounds, but I've mapped these numbers to the dates of every major global disaster from the last 50 years in perfect sequence. Earthquakes, fires, tsunamis... The next number on the chain predicts that tomorrow, somewhere on the planet, 81 people are going to die, in some kind of tragedy."

Phil Bergman: "Whoa. Just step back. Have another look at it! Systems that find meaning in numbers are a dime in dozen. Why? Because people see what they want to see."

What do you see....

No comments:

Post a Comment